High Impact Practices and Innovation seeks assistant dean
The Office of High Impact Practices and Innovation seeks an internal candidate for assistant dean. This posting is for internal applicants only.
The Assistant Dean of High Impact Practices and Innovation is a full-time, 12-month faculty position reporting to the Dean of Humanities, Social Science, and Mathematics. The assistant dean provides leadership, innovation, management, and advocacy for units within the Office of High Impact Practices and Innovation (HIPI). This position is a key resource in the office and serves as a liaison for faculty coordinators.
Essential Job Functions
- Champions and responsible for the leadership and administration for all high impact practices, strategic planning and priorities, staffing, assessment, marketing and promotion, and policies and processes.
- Assists the dean of humanities in administering and overseeing HIPI and programs in the division to shape academic strategy through collegial governance, strategic planning, and institutional effectiveness practices.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing program of accountability and effective assessment through collaborative leadership with deans, chairs, and academic coordinators.
- May perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the dean or associate dean of humanities.
The person holding the position is assigned a reduced teaching load and receives a salary supplement.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
- Full-time teaching experience in one of the academic disciplines in a higher education institution.
- Demonstrated administrative leadership, e.g., department chair, coordinator, etc.
- Demonstrated experience implementing high impact practices, concepts, and procedures within a course and across a department, division or campus.
The following items must be uploaded with the application for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
Incomplete applications will not be considered.