State of Tennessee Auto Liability Program issues new procedure
State of Tennessee employees involved in an auto accident while driving a state vehicle, rental, or their personal vehicle while in the course of their state employment are to report the accident to the State of Tennessee Auto Accident Call Center at 1-855-253-0629 and take the following steps:
- Don’t leave the scene. Be prepared to communicate ALL details of the incident to the State’s adjuster.
- Call emergency services (911 or police non-emergency number) as needed.
- Take at least 4 photos of both vehicles, license plates, parking situation, insurance card for other party, and any notable unrelated damages. Include photo of the other party if applicable.
- Call the State of TN Auto Accident Call Center immediately to report the incident, then call your supervisor and follow your department’s applicable procedures.
- Do not admit fault in the accident or promise coverage or reimbursement to anyone.
Also, be prepared to provide the following information to the Call Center:
- Incident date, time, and location
- State driver’s name, phone number, and email
- Any/all other drivers’ names and phone numbers, plus emails if available
- Any other involved passengers’ names and phone numbers, plus emails if available
- Vehicle information for all vehicles, including license plate number and/or VIN
- Your State Supervisor’s name, phone number, or other contact information
- Confirm if any fatalities or non-fatal injuries occurred
IF YOU HIT AN UNOCCUPIED VEHICLE, TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- Fill out a Damage Notification Card and leave it on the unoccupied vehicle.
- Call the State of TN Auto Accident Call Center immediately at (855) 253-0629 with date, time, and location of the incident, as well as any additional information you may have.
- Take photos of both vehicles, as well as the license plate and VIN tag of the other vehicle (on the driver-side dash, near the windshield).