Office Supervisor position available at Macon Cove Campus
The Office of the Dean of Humanities seeks an internal candidate for Office Supervisor. This posting is for internal applicants only. Apply online no later than Wednesday, Oct. 3, end of business. Click on the “Connector-Applicants” link. An application tutorial is attached.
The Office Supervisor is the primary administrative contact for the Dean of Humanities and performs a myriad of office administrative duties, both general to complex. This position is a key resource in the Office of High Impact Practices and Innovation (HIPI) and serves as a liaison for faculty coordinators and International Studies Coordinator. In addition to the administration of office duties, this position is responsible for supervising the office staff of the department including Work-Study students and temporary employees.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicates (in person, over the phone and via email) with students, alumni, faculty, staff and peer institutions, and grants funders to provide accurate information regarding division and HIPI services. Answers a multi-line phone system, keeps appointment schedules, handles facility reservations, and assists with special event planning for the division and HIPI areas. Utilizes computer and Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint) and other office equipment (phone, copier, fax, printer). Must be able to speak clearly and professionally. Utilizes excellent written and verbal communication skills in the accomplishment of these tasks.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. correspondence, payment request forms, reports, etc.); maintains time records and leave information for departmental staff, work study and/or students; submits accurate information in a timely manner to the required offices/departments.
Works directly with Payroll and HR to address any discrepancies with both paperwork and timecard submissions.
- Supports and monitors paperwork and other related documents associated with HIPI and division grant-funded programs. Works as a team member with the Grants Development, Grants Management, HIPI coordinators and division faculty to compile necessary documents and signatures required for grant applications. Keeps HIPI coordinators and division faculty informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables connected with grants and external partnerships.
- Supervises and coordinates domestic and international travel for dean, HIPI and International Studies coordinators,as well as faculty engaged in office duties.
- Point person to organize and bring multiple consistencies together for face to face and virtual meetings and appointments.
- Determineswork procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Builds teamwork among workers and resolves problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- May require state and national travel on behalf of the HIPI Office.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. Additional hours may be required depending on the needs of the office.
Rate of Pay:
up to $35,000
- High School Diploma and two years of office management experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience in an increasingly responsible administrative support or supervisory capacity working with senior management.
- Knowledge of high impact practices such as the ones utilized in the High Impact Practices
and Innovation (HIPI) office.
The following items must be uploaded with the application for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
Incomplete applications will not be considered.