This checklist is used by prospective students who have a GED/HiSet or regular high school diploma and have never attended college anywhere since graduating. Follow the checklist outlined below to become a NEW SALUQI.
- Please view the Ways to Prove Citizenship/Eligibility for additional information.
- Locate and select the "My.Southwest College Portal" button [located in the top right corner of all pages]
- Locate and select "First Time Users"
- Follow the instructions on the page and enter information in appropriate boxes
- Your username will appear (jsmith) or (jsmith2)
- To set up your My.Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat steps 1 and 2
For assistance, contact the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
Request an official copy of your high school transcript or high school equivalency test scores (GED or HiSet). If you have dual enrollment credits, request official college transcripts.
Note: If you have not yet graduated from high school, we will accept a partial transcript of your academic record to grant conditional acceptance. Once you graduate you will need to request and official high school transcript from your school.
Applicants who are under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign the required immunization health history form. The form can be obtained by clicking the link below.
- Submit official test scores from ACT (American College Test) or SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test). Scores must be within the last five (5) years. If test scores are not available, then you will need to schedule the AccuPlacer placement test through Testing.
- Complete a "Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)." Southwest's school code is 010439
- For more information, contact Financial Aid
All new students are required to complete New Student Orientation (NSO). We offer on-campus orientation sessions for the fall semester to fit your schedule with various times, dates and locations. When you register for on-campus orientation, you will only need to register for one session.
For the spring semester and summer sessions only, online orientation is available. To do the online orientation, complete the Saluqi Knowledge pre-orientation session in the PAWS online learning portal and choose the Saluqi Knowledge course from the waffle menu at the top of the PAWS screen. The option to move forward to Online New Student Orientation will be provided.
- Complete the online New Student Orientation (NSO)
- Advising is required for all new students
- For more information, contact Advising
- Visit the Student Disability Services website for complete information.
- Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.
- Print a "Student Detail Schedule" from your My.Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at eFollett.
Announcement: The Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) and Regents Online Campus Collaborative (ROCC) are now known as TN eCampus.
- TN eCampus degree students should visit the Southwest TN eCampus or TN eCampus bookstore for course and book information.
- The "Student Detail Schedule" contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance, view How to Read the Schedule.
- Students are expected to attend all classes.
For further assistance, call Admissions and Records at 901-333-5924.
Last updated: August 6, 2019