This checklist is used by prospective students who currently attend another college and plan to enroll temporarily at Southwest and then return to the home institution. A visiting student is NOT eligible to receive federal financial aid. Follow the checklist outlined below to become a TRANSIENT (VISITING) SALUQI.
Please upload required documents to the admissions office through our Admissions Documents/Forms Upload page. Visit the Admissions Documents/Forms page for all required documents.
- Please view the Ways to Prove Citizenship/Eligibility for additional information.
- Locate and select the "My.Southwest College Portal" button [located in the top right corner of all pages]
- Locate and select "First Time Users"
- Follow the instructions on the page and enter information in appropriate boxes
- Your username will appear (jsmith) or (jsmith2)
- To set up your My.Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat steps 1 and 2
For assistance, contact the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
Transient (visiting) students must provide a letter from their home institution indicating approved course(s) for which the student may register, or obtain departmental approval from Southwest. The letter must be on official school letterhead.
Applicants who are under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign the required immunization health history form. The form can be obtained by clicking the link below.
- Visit the Student Disability Services website for complete information.
- Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.
- Print a "Student Detail Schedule" from your My.Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at eFollett.
Announcement: The Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) and Regents Online Campus Collaborative (ROCC) are now known as TN eCampus (opens new window).
- TN eCampus degree students should visit the Southwest TN eCampus (opens new window) or TN eCampus bookstore (opens new window) for course and book information.
- The "Student Detail Schedule" contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance view How to Read the Schedule.
- Students are expected to attend all classes.
For further assistance, call Admissions and Records at 901-333-5924.
Last updated: January 29, 2019