2015 Alumnus of the Year
The 2015 Alumnus of the year is Dr. Linda Fay Chism. Currently the Director of Training and Development at Regional One Health, Dr. Chism has distinguished herself throughout her well rounded career in academia, consultation, administration, team building, systems development, organizational dynamics and healthcare management.
Dr. Chism received her degree in nursing from Southwest (former Shelby State) in 1978 and then went on to receive her Master's Degree in Nursing from University of Tennessee, and a doctoral degree from the University of Memphis.
A former chair of nursing for Southwest Tennessee Community College, she is also a nationally recognized conference presenter and site visitor for the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and International Association for Continuing Education and Training.
Dr. Chism has been honored with national and state commendations and is listed in Who's Who for Professional Leadership and is President of Memphis International Training Institute. She has served as an expert on curriculum design for Donald Trump, Dave Ramsey, the Jasper Williams Conference, Vision Builders Conference, Frank Ray Expository Preaching and Church Growth Conference, and others. She has presented with Dr. Ben Carson, the renowned neurosurgeon and author of Gifted Hands.
Dr. Chism is a board member of the American Heart Association, and a member of Kappa Delta Pi, an International Honor Society in Education.
See what your fellow Alumni are up to:
- Nekia Slater - Graduated in 2012 in Business Administration, employed as a Material Handler for FedEx Express
- Rochelle Crawford-Hurt - Graduated in 2007 in Microcomputer Management, currently at Christian Brothers University
- Danielle Taylor - Graduated in 2007 in Emergency Medical Technician, CEO of So Fyh Enterprises has written a book "A Heart of Reign" under the pen name Ornitha Danielle
- Michelle Waddell - Graduated in 2007 in Graphic Design and Layout, employed with a marketing and advertising firm
- Jonathan Howse - Graduated in 2006 in Electrical Engineering Technology, employed as a Project Manager for GE Healthcare
- Michael R. Carpenter - Graduated in 2004 with an A.A.S. in Paralegal Studies, currently working in Texas as regional sales manager at the IT firm Avnet, Inc and was recently elected Mayor of Schertz, Texas
- Seth M. Rolfe - Graduated in 2002 in Hospitality Management, employed as General Manager at the Hilton Little Rock
- Nancy Matthews - Graduated in 1997 in Office Systems Technology, employed with The University of Memphis
- Grace Bond - Graduated in 1993 with an AAS in Paralegal Studies, employed as the lead paralegal with the Shelby County Attorney's Office
- Chef Steven G. Leake - Graduated in 1988 with an A.S. in Hotel and Restaurant Management, currently at Southwest as a full-time culinary instructor/program coordinator and 2014 Alumnus of the Year
- Darrell K. Thomas - Graduated in 1986 in Biomedical Engineering Technology [State Technical Institute of Memphis], owner of Thomas Consultants, Inc. and 2013 Alumnus of the Year
The Alumni Association is proud to announce its now on LinkedIn, the professional networking site. Join us and network with other Southwest graduates. To join, just go on to your LinkedIn site and click on groups. This is a great place to find out what other graduates are up to and build your own professional networks. The Association is also building another social media site just for Alums to connect.