- The Spring 2018 Continuing Education Schedule/Catalog is available.
- National Safety Council (NSC) Defensive Driving Courses (DDC), are offered at Southwest.
- Private Pilot and Instrument Pilot Ground Flight Training Courses are here.
- Parenting and divorce courses are here.
Crappie University is Here
February 6,15,20, and 27, 2018 7:30-9:30 p.m., Macon Cove Campus
Southwest Tennessee Community College and Crappie University have teamed up to host an 8-hour continuing education course all about Crappie. Beginners and avid crappie anglers alike will benefit from the instruction that not only covers the popular spring period when crappies are plentiful, but also teaches how and where to catch the species throughout the year. The lessons touch on everything from jigging to dock shooting, how to read water and electronics, what rigs to use when and often include some local specialty techniques known by only a select few. Students will leave this course having learned from the best of the best.
This 8-hour course is held as a part of continuing education programs with universities and colleges across the country consisting of four 2-hour night classes and covering a broad range of topics. The classes will be held February 6, 15, 20 and 27 (Tuesday/Thursday) from 7:30-9:30 pm on the Macon Cove Campus. The enrollment fee of $89.00 covers all course materials, including samples of crappie lures and jig heads.
The Crappie (Pomoxis) is believed to be native to the eastern United States and Canada. Due to wide transplantation, populations of Crappie exist in all of the 48 contiguous states today, making them a very popular North American game fish. The crappie is considered America's favorite panfish and is found in abundant numbers throughout most of the country. As a general rule, most anglers fish for crappie only around spring time when the fish move shallow and near the banks to spawn. However, avid fishermen pursue the crappie year-round, knowing the seasonal patterns of when, where and how to catch them at all times.
Enroll online today!
To foster workforce development in the region through a comprehensive continuing education program that consists of customized corporate training, career training, lifelong learning opportunities and business-education partnerships.
- Register Online! (opens new window)
- Search Non-Credit Schedule (opens new window)
- Online Training
- How to Register!
- Campus, Center and Site Locations
- Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Parking Information and Printable Parking Permit
- Training Services For Business and Industry
- Training Assessments
- Developing A Curriculum (DACUM)
If you have any questions or need more information, please call or visit our office.