Office of Equity & Compliance
The Office of Equity & Compliance is responsible for advancing and sustaining a positive environment which supports both the letter and spirit of the laws regarding equal opportunity and access in employment and education. To this end, the Office of Equity & Compliance ensures that the College complies with federal and state laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity.
Further, the Office of Equity & Compliance enhances the College’s climate of inclusion through the following:
- Investigating and resolving complaints of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a covered veteran and/or genetic information.
- Monitoring the College’s compliance with equal opportunity laws.
- Keeping College personnel informed of their obligations under state and federal equal opportunity laws.
- Coordinating disability services for employees.
- Facilitating collaboration on diversity initiatives and applicants for employment.
- Providing training on equal opportunity, sexual harassment and other related topics.
Filing a Complaint
Pursuant to TBR Guideline P-080 (link opens a new window), the Office of Equity & Compliance is responsible for ensuring the prompt, thorough, and fair investigation of complaints of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a covered veteran and/or genetic information..
If you feel your rights have been violated, please complete the complaint form, contact us at 901-333-5005 or visit us in the Parrish Bldg. Room 221.
With the increasing number of regulations affecting higher education, it has become very important for institutions to assure higher levels of compliancy with applicable laws and regulations. The coordination of the College's compliance efforts is the responsibility of the Office of Equity & Compliance. This includes overseeing, monitoring and coordinating compliance matters for the College, as it relates to applicable county, state, and federal laws, regulations, and other requirements. This office will also facilitate communication and education efforts to ensure that the college community is aware and informed of applicable laws and regulations.
The responsibility of maintaining compliance is not the sole responsibility of this office. Compliance is the responsibility of the entire college and all members of the college community who must conduct themselves ethically and in compliance with any and all laws and regulations that apply.