Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Industrial Computer Fundamentals technical certificate program is to emphasize the basic skills needed to begin a career in the computer engineering technology field or for career advancement. The program covers several essential areas. These areas include: introduction to engineering technology; computer systems installation, maintenance, and applications such as word processing and spreadsheets; introduction to electric circuits; digital circuits; and introduction to C++ programming.
The Industrial Computer Fundamentals student will have demonstrated the following attributes upon graduation:
- PO-1 Students will demonstrate the ability to author quality technical reports that follow the guidelines established by the program.
- PO-2 Students will demonstrate the ability to deliver oral presentations that follow the guidelines established by the program.
- PO-3 Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of the Windows operating system and application programs; including Word, Excel, Visio, and software development tools.
- PO-4 Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of the C++ programming language including software troubleshooting.
- PO-5 Students will demonstrate the ability to measure signals and troubleshoot circuits by means of a digital multi-meter, digital oscilloscope, and a logic probe.
- PO-6 Students will demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of a variety of digital circuits and number systems.
- PO-7 Students will demonstrate the ability to build a computer system component-by-component, install the operating system and application software, and test and maintain an existing computer system.
- PO-8 Students will demonstrate the ability to solve technical problems in basic DC circuits using a scientific calculator.
Last updated: May 14, 2015