CROSSROADS - The Adult Student Connection
CROSSROADS is a service for adult students. It will provide social and family activities, workshops, speakers and resources to help adult students with the transition back to school. Since the needs and responsibilities of the adult students are different than those of the traditional age students, CROSSROADS is designed to make a connection with the adult students and address these needs.
The mission of CROSSROADS is to provide adult students with activities, events [Two for Tuesday / Wordy Wednesday] and resources that are designed to enhance their Southwest experience.
The needs and responsibilities of the adult students are different than those of the traditional age students. CROSSROADS is a service designed to make a connection with the adult students and address these needs.
The goal of CROSSROADS is to support the adult students' success and increase retention and graduation rates at Southwest.
CROSSROADS will provide:
- opportunities to meet other adult students
- new or updated information about Southwest
- activities for adult students and their families
- resource system of Southwest and local community
- opportunities to develop leadership and team building skills
- a forum for the adult student to be heard
- a mentoring program