This checklist is used by prospective students who are NOT seeking a degree and NOT eligible to receive federal financial aid. The COMPASS™ test may be required if your course selection has a prerequisite of English or Math. Follow the checklist outlined below to become a NON-DEGREE SALUQI.
- Please view the Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act for additional information.
- Locate and select the "My.Southwest College Portal" button [located in the top right corner of all pages]
- Locate and select "First Time Users"
- Follow the instructions on the page and enter information in appropriate boxes
- Your username will appear (jsmith) or (jsmith2)
- To set up your My.Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat steps 1 and 2
Setting this account also creates your email (example: email@example.com). For assistance accessing your email account, contact the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
- Student must provide proof of successful completion of needed prerequisites for desired courses (i.e. college transcript, ACT scores, etc.)
Admissions and Records
P.O. Box 780
Memphis, TN 38101-0780
- Approved transfer credit can be found under "Student Records" in your My.Southwest student account.
- Course prerequisites satisfied by transfer credit or through testing
- Certificate of Immunization Proof of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form
- Immunizations Required Under Tennessee State Law
- Visit the Student Disability Services website for complete information.
- Obtain a Southwest Student Identification (ID) Card in Student Activities and Multicultural Affairs.
- Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.
- Print a "Student Detail Schedule" from your My.Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at eFollett.
- Regents online degree students should visit Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) for course and book information.
- The "Student Detail Schedule" contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance view How to Read the Schedule.
- Students are expected to attend all classes.
For further assistance, call Admissions and Records at 901-333-5924.
Last updated: November 17, 2015