This student attends another college and plans to enroll temporarily at Southwest and then return to the home institution. A visiting student must be in an approved degree program (degree seeking) to receive financial aid. The COMPASS™ test may be required if your course selection has a prerequisite of English or Math.
Submit Online Application
Pay Your $10 Application Fee
Create Your Southwest Student Account and Email
- Go to www.southwest.tn.edu
- Click on "Online Services" Saluqi Dog
- Go to "First Time User"
- Enter information in appropriate boxes
- Your username will appear. (jsmith) or (jsmith2)
- To set up your Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Setting this account also creates your email (example: email@example.com)
- For assistance with accessing your email account, contact the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
Proof of Pre-Requisites
- Request all previously attended college transcripts be sent to:
Admissions and Records
P.O. Box 780
Memphis, TN 38101-0780
- Approved transfer credit can be found under "Student Records" in your Southwest student account; transfer courses will be accepted only for intended major
Proof of Immunization
- Certificate of Immunization Proof of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form
- Immunizations Required Under Tennessee State Law
Student Disability Services
- Visit the Student Disibility Services website for complete information.
Register for Classes
- Complete a "Free Application for Federal Student Aid." Southwest's school code is 010439
- For more information contact Financial Aid.
Pay For Classes
Southwest Identification (ID) Card
- Obtain Southwest Identification (ID) Card at Student Activities and Multicultural Affairs.
- Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.
- Print your "Detail Class Schedule" from your Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at efollett.com.
- Regents online degree students should visit Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) for course and book information.
Report to Class
- Your "Detail Class Schedule" from Southwest student account contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance view How to Read the Schedule.
- Students are expected to attend all classes.
For further assistance, call Admissions at 901-333-5924.