This checklist is used by prospective students who currently attend another college and plan to enroll temporarily at Southwest and then return to the home institution. A visiting student is NOT eligible to receive federal financial aid. Follow the checklist outlined below to become a TRANSIENT (VISITING) SALUQI.
Please send all transcripts and/or records to:
Southwest Tennessee Community College
Admissions and Recruitment Office
P.O. Box 780
Memphis, TN 38101-0780
- Please view the Ways to Prove Citizenship/Eligibility for additional information.
- Locate and select the "My.Southwest College Portal" button [located in the top right corner of all pages]
- Locate and select "First Time Users"
- Follow the instructions on the page and enter information in appropriate boxes
- Your username will appear (jsmith) or (jsmith2)
- To set up your My.Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat steps 1 and 2
Setting this account also creates your email (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). For assistance accessing your email account, contact the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
Student must provide proof of successful completion of needed prerequisites for desired courses (i.e. college transcript, ACT scores, etc.)
Note: All international transcripts including high school and college, must be translated into English and evaluated for equivalency of a U.S. diploma and/or degree. It is required that applicants use an approved translation/credential evaluation service for complete admission to Southwest Tennessee Community College. It is the responsibility of the student to contact the translation/credential evaluation service. Please be aware that these services will charge a fee to the student.
- Approved transfer credit can be found under "Student Records" in your My.Southwest student account.
- Transfer courses will be accepted only for intended major
- Immunizations Required Under Tennessee State Law and Certificate of Immunization Proof of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form (PDF) [Size: 120 KB], requires Adobe Reader (opens new window)
- Visit the Student Disability Services website for complete information.
- Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.
- Print a "Student Detail Schedule" from your My.Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at eFollett.
Announcement: The Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) and Regents Online Campus Collaborative (ROCC) are now known as TN eCampus (opens new window).
- TN eCampus degree students should visit the Southwest TN eCampus (opens new window) or TN eCampus bookstore (opens new window) for course and book information.
- The "Student Detail Schedule" contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance view How to Read the Schedule.
- Students are expected to attend all classes.
For further assistance, call Admissions and Records at 901-333-5924.
Last updated: June 13, 2018