Southwest Emergency Messaging System
Southwest Tennessee Community College, in partnership with Rave Wireless, offers an emergency e-mail and text-messaging service to students, faculty and staff called the Southwest Emergency Messaging System. These options will only be used in the event of an on-campus emergency, an unscheduled College closing, or a delay of or cancellation of classes due to, for example, severe inclement weather. Students, faculty, and staff can sign up for the service voluntarily. Southwest encourages students to sign up for this service because of the speed with which e-mail and text messaging will enable them to receive emergency information from College authorities. There is no charge for signing up, however, standard text messaging rates apply.
To activate your account for your mobile phone:
- Use the following link to sign up for Southwest's Emergency Messaging Service: www.getrave.com/login/southwesttn
- On the Southwest Rave login page, click on the "If you haven't registered, Join Now" link under the login button
- Proceed with the 3-step registration process:
- Confirm mobile number -- A text message will be sent to your mobile number. Open the message to obtain your four-digit confirmation code and enter that code to complete the process.
- Registration complete -- You are now ready to receive alerts.
To activate your account just for your e-mail address:
From your browser:
- Launch www.getrave.com/login/southwesttn on your computer.
- Login with your school e-mail address.
- Click Join Now.
- Enter your school e-mail address (or the e-mail and password provided by Southwest).
- Click Next.
- Go to your e-mail program.
From your e-mail program:
- Open the confirmation e-mail Rave sends you.
- Click the included link to continue the registration process.
If you experience problems with registering your cell number and/or e-mail address please send the below information to email@example.com.
- First and last name:
- E-mail address:
- Phone number:
- Carrier name:
- Is the account pre-paid? Yes/No
- Has the number been ported from another carrier, had a transfer in liability (parents to student for example), or been created as a new account with the carrier within the last 60 days? Yes/No
- Phone Model:
- Contact Phone Number: