Do you need information on how to obtain financial aid for college? If so, mark your calendar to attend College Goal Sunday event on Sunday, February 10. The event will be held from 2-4 p.m. on the Macon Cove Campus.
What are the benefits to attending a College Goal Sunday:
- Obtain free on-site professional assistance filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Talk to financial aid professionals about financial aid resources and how to apply.
- Receive information regarding state-wide student services, admission requirements.
- and more!
How It Works
Simply attend the College Goal Sunday. It's completely FREE. While you're there, a financial aid professional will answer your questions and help you fill out the application for federal, state, lottery and other financial aid programs.
Who Should Attend
If you're a Tennessee resident who could qualify for undergraduate admission to a college, university, career college, or technical school, and you need financial aid and help filling out the FAFSA, the College Goal Sunday is for you. All students and parent(s) are welcome.
When to Show Up
You should arrive early enough to take full advantage of the financial aid program that will begin promptly at 2 p.m. Financial aid professionals will be available from 2-4 p.m. to answer questions.
Where to Go
The computer labs for College Goal Sunday are in the Academic Building as listed below:
- Wing C, Room 187 (seating capacity of 40)
- Wing C, Room 189 (seating capacity of 24)
- Wing C, Room 191 (seating capacity of 24)
What You Should Bring
- Students and their parents should bring the following:
- Completed 2012 IRS 1040 tax returns
- W-2 statements and other 2012 income and benefits information
- Current bank statements
- Untaxed income records for the previous year (Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records)
- Driver's license (if any)
- Alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
This information is helpful to complete the FAFSA, but not required to attend.