Do you need information on how to obtain financial aid for college? If so, mark your calendar to attend College Goal Sunday event on Sunday, January 26 or February 9.
The events will be held from 2-4 p.m. at the following locations:
- January 26, Macon Cove Campus, Academic Building, Wing C, Rooms 189
- February 9, Union Avenue Campus, E Building, Room 114
What are the benefits to attending a College Goal Sunday:
- Obtain free on-site professional assistance filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Talk to financial aid professionals about financial aid resources and how to apply.
- Receive information regarding state-wide student services, admission requirements.
- and more!
How It Works
Simply attend the College Goal Sunday. It's completely FREE. While you're there, a financial aid professional will answer your questions and help you fill out the application for federal, state, lottery and other financial aid programs.
Who Should Attend
If you're a Tennessee resident who could qualify for undergraduate admission to a college, university, career college, or technical school, and you need financial aid and help filling out the FAFSA, the College Goal Sunday is for you. All students and parent(s) are welcome.
When to Show Up
You should arrive early enough to take full advantage of the financial aid program that will begin promptly at 2 p.m. Financial aid professionals will be available from 2-4 p.m. to answer questions.
What You Should Bring
Students and their parents should bring the following (if available):
- 2013 Federal Tax Return or other income documentation
- Social Security number
- Driver's license (if any)
- 2013 W-2 Forms or year-end pay stubs and other year-end records of money received
- 2013 untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
- Your 2013 bank statements
- 2013 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
If you plan on filling out the FAFSA online at the event bring your Federal Student Aid PIN. If you do not have a Federal Student Aid PIN apply at PIN website before attending the event.
This information is helpful to complete the FAFSA, but not required to attend.