Free Transfer Day Trip to Mississippi State University (MSU)
Advising has organized a free Transfer Day Trip to Mississippi State University (opens new window). MSU is a land-grant university in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi, partially in the town of Starkville and mostly in an unincorporated area. Mississippi State, Mississippi is the official designation for the area that encompasses the university. MSU is also a world-class research institution. The trip is planned for Friday, March 31, with a departure time of 6:30 a.m.
- Where: Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- When: Friday, March 31, 2017 (6:30 a.m. departure/ 4:30 p.m. return)
- Registration Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, March 3
- Departure location: Macon Cove Campus, Farris Building [The van will depart promptly at 6:30 a.m.]
- Point of Contact: Lashelle McCarley [The required/completed forms can be faxed (901-333-4458), emailed (email@example.com), or brought to Advising.]
Special Note: In addition to the required forms, please indicate the major you are planning to pursue at the university. This information can be written on the Medical Release form.
What to Expect
During the visit you will attend:
- information session
- campus tour
- departmental information sessions
- information on scholarships
Requirements/Process to Attend
To attend you must be a currently enrolled Southwest student:
- in good academic standing (2.0 GPA)
- be on pace to graduate
- be in good social standing with Southwest
Complete and submit by fax or email a Medical Release Form and Waiver Of Liability And Hold Harmless Agreement to Lashelle McCarley no later than Saturday, April 1. The required forms can also be obtained from Advising [Macon Cove Campus, Farris Building, Room 2140].
|Monday-Thurday||8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.|
All questions should be directed to Lashelle McCarley, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901-333-4012.