Science Club: Earth Day 5K Dash (April 19, 2019)
Runners and walkers of all ages are invited to celebrate Earth Week by participating in the fourth annual Earth Day Dash, a 5K Run/Walk benefitting Southwest’s Science Club, 9 a.m. – noon, April 19, 2019. The race takes place on Southwest’s beautiful Macon Cove Campus. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.; race time is 9 a.m.
This year’s theme, "Recycle Southwest,” focuses on local and global environmental issues. Proceeds from the dash will kick start the club’s new college-wide recycling program for the purchase of recycling bins. After the race, participants will have the opportunity to browse an expo of environmental organizations and explore community resources.
The Science Club is a student organization whose mission is to advance the learning and appreciation of the field of science and the environment, encourage innovation and sharing of ideas, and emphasize the biological diversity and unity of life.
- Where/Starting Location: At the Macon Cove Campus, in front of the Fulton building at the Clock Tower.
- When: Friday, April 19, 2019 - registration begins at 8:30 a.m.; race starts at 9 a.m.
- Early Registration and Payment: Saturday, March 30, 2019 – registration must be submitted before midnight to guarantee your t-shirt which must be purchased. (Registrants after the March 30 deadline may not receive a t-shirt.) Recyclable grocery bags also may be purchased by March 30.
- How to Register: Register online at Earth Day 5K Dash Sign-Up Form. All participants must complete a waiver/hold harmless form. Please print your waiver form and bring a signed copy to the registration table to pick up your bib.
- Registration Deadline: Participants must be registered by 9 a.m. on the day of the event.
- Route Map: Printable Route Map (Macon Cove Campus)
- Packet Pick Up: Race packets can be picked up on Thursday, April 18, 2019, 12:30-3:30 p.m., at the Macon Cove Campus inside the Farris building in front of the cafeteria.
- Cost: $10 (includes your bib)
Hold Harmless Form
Each runner will need to fill out a hold harmless form in order to participate. Please download the hold harmless form, fill it out, and bring it to the race.