Southwest women's basketball coach Andrea Martre has announced the signing of nine student athletes who will be joining the Lady Saluqis' team for the 2011-12 season. All nine are incoming freshmen including seven from Memphis and Shelby County.
- Erica Ousley, a 5'6" guard from Fairley High School, was one of the top scorers in the area with an average of 18.3 points per game. Ousley was named All-District 16AA, Class AA All-State and to The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro Team.
- Teneisha Lurry, a 5'7" guard from Melrose High School, ranked second in the area in scoring with a 22.4 average and was also one of the city's top three-point shooters. Lurry was named All-District 16AAA and to The Commercial Appeal's Best of the Preps All-Metro Team.
- Montique McConnell, a 5'7" guard from Mitchell High School, was one of the city's top point guards who ranked third in the city with an average of six assists per game. McConnell helped lead Mitchell High to a third-place finish in District 16AAA.
- Amber Dunlap, a 5'9" guard/forward from Bolton High School, averaged 11.6 points per game for the Lady Wildcats. She was named second team All-District 14AAA.
- Kourtni Boyce, a 5'7" forward from Southwind High School, helped lead the Lady Jaguars to the school's first ever 20-win season and received team awards for Best All-Around player, Best Hustle, and Best Sportsmanship.
- Andreona Williams, 6'2", and Jasmine McKinney, 6'1", are both post players from Frayser High School. They led the Lady Rams to a fourth-place finish in the District 16AA tournament and a berth in the Region 8AA tournament. Williams was selected to play on the District All-Star Team.
- Jasmine James, is a 5'8" forward from Hazlehurst High School in Hazlehurst, Mississippi. James averaged 21.1 points and 10.1 rebounds per game and scored a season-high 38 points against Port Gibson. She was selected by FILA as one of the top 40 players in the state of Mississippi.
- Aleshia Armstrong, is a 5'8" guard from Shaw High School in Columbia, Georgia. Armstrong led her high school team to the Sweet 16 in the state tournament and was selected to the South Team in the Herbert Greene High School All-Star Classic.