The Southwest softball team has signed nine student-athletes to National Letters of Intent for the 2011-12 season. They are:
- Jessica Frierson, a pitcher from Picayune, Mississippi, was selected to play in the Mississippi North-South High School All-Star Game and the Gulf Coast Senior All-Star Game. As a senior for Picayune Memorial High School, Frierson posted a 2.28 earned run average and struck out 58 batters.
- Alexis Hare, an outfielder from Cape Coral, Florida, transfers to Southwest from Rhodes College where she sat out the 2011 season as a red-shirt. As a senior at Ida Baker High School, Hare batted .465 with four home runs and 21 runs batted in and for her career batted .401 with nine home runs and 77 runs batted in. She was a two-time Class 4A All-State selection and was also named to the News-Press All-Area team.
- Ashley Hobson, a second baseman from Munford High School, led Munford to the District 13AAA championship, the Region 7AAA runner-up and its first-ever state tournament berth. Hobson was named to the all-district and all-district tournament teams.
- Caroline Jacobs, a first baseman from Brighton High School, was a four-time member of The Commercial Appeal’s All-Metro Team and a two-time finalist for the Best of the Preps Player of the Year. Jacobs was also a two-time Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State selection. As a senior, 449 batted .449 with five home runs and 28 runs batted in and for her career batted .464 with 18 home runs and 89 runs batted in.
- Heidi Molder, a catcher/infielder from Millington Central High School, transfers to Southwest after playing her freshman season at Columbia State Community College. Molder was a two-time Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State selection and made the All-District 14AAA and Commercial Appeal All-Metro teams three times. As a senior at Millington, Molder batted .477 with 20 doubles, 1 home run, and 37 runs batted in.
- Haylee Power, a pitcher from Bolton High School, was an All-District and Commercial Appeal All-Metro honoree in 2009. Power compiled an 18-15 pitching record her senior season and led Bolton to the Region 7AAA championship. As a junior in 2008, Power played first base and pitcher and helped Bolton to the Class AAA state tournament.
- Devin Pruitt, a catcher from Carriere, Mississippi, was selected to play in the Gulf Coast Senior All Star Game. As a senior at Pearl River Central High School, she led her team in runs batted in and was named to the All-District Team.
- Makayla Rice, an outfielder from DeSoto Central High School, batted .395 as a senior with three doubles, one triple and 11 runs batted in. Rice helped lead DeSoto Central to a 20-5 record and the second round of the Mississippi Class 6A state playoffs. She was selected to the All-Chickasaw Conference First Team.
- Rhonda Willis, an infielder from Bartlett High School, was named to The All-District 14AAA and Commercial Appeal’s All-Metro teams. She led Bartlett to a third-place finish in the District 14AAA tournament.