Apply for Federal Financial Aid
FAFSA School Code: 010439
How do I apply for Federal Financial Aid?
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- All Southwest students must complete a FAFSA online. While completing the FAFSA application, enter Southwest's School Code, 010439.
- Allow five (5) business days for your FAFSA to process. Check your financial aid status on the my.southwest student dashboard, regularly to ensure you have no outstanding "To Do" items. Your financial aid award will be displayed online when it is available.
- Make sure you turn in all the required forms that are needed on the student dashboard account. Failure to complete this request will cause processing delays.
- Financial aid awards are only offered to fully admitted, degree-seeking students.
- Complete U.S. taxes early each year so the FAFSA can be renewed early.
All communications regarding your financial aid will be sent to your Southwest email or posted on the my.southwest student dashboard.