Graduation and Commencement Information
GRAD Fair Information
The GRAD Fair is an opportunity to pick up regalia [cap and gown], pronouncer card and take advantage of other graduation-related services such as pre-order roses, pre-order graduation DVDs, and more.
Commencement - 2019
We are excited to announce that Southwest Tennessee Community College will salute its Spring 2019 graduates at Commencement Saturday, May 11, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. at the FedEx Forum in beautiful Downtown Memphis, Tennessee.
Should our Memphis Grizzlies NBA team make the playoffs and are scheduled to play in FedEx Forum on this date, the ALTERNATE DATE for Commencement is Sunday, May 12, 2019.
We are extremely proud of all of our graduates and look forward to celebrating their esteemed accomplishments as they move onward and upward in their lives. Please stay tuned to additional details and important dates and deadlines that are forthcoming in preparation for this momentous occasion.
Commencement reminders for students
- Graduates should arrive at the FedEx Forum, no later than 11:30 a.m. on May 11, 2019. Please be on time. Bring your pronouncer card to the FedEx Forum.
- FedEx Forum Gossett Motors parking garage is only for students, faculty, and staff. A parking pass, or Southwest student ID is required to park. There are two entrances to the garage, both on Martin Luther King Avenue between Third and Fourth Streets.
- Graduates should report to P-1: Plaza Level Entrance (access from the parking garage) for line-up. Please line-up as instructed.
- You will return your gown, stole, and hood after the ceremony. You will keep your tassel and hat.
- You will receive notification via Southwest and personal emails of the dates for diploma pick-up. Please make sure your mailing address, personal email, and phone number are current in the Records Office.
You will receive notification via Southwest email and personal email of the dates for diploma pick-up. Please make sure your personal email and phone number are current in the Records Office.
Applying For Graduation
Students planning to graduate should follow the steps outlined below:
- Complete the online Application for Graduation through the My.Southwest portal.
- Schedule missing course requirements to be completed during the perceived final semester.
- Schedule and complete any required graduate exit exam(s).
Application Deadline Dates
- Summer Semester - July 1
- Fall Semester - November 1
- Spring Semester - April 1
If you have questions regarding the Application for Graduation, email the Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Educational Testing Service (ETS) Proficiency Profile Test
All Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.) and Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree graduating students are required to take this test.
- Major Field Examination
All Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree graduating students are required to take an examination in their major field of study.