Southwest Tennessee Community College's Annual Enrollment Transfer Period (AETP) occurs once per calendar year and is a time when employees have the option to enroll in benefits or make changes to their existing benefits. This year's AETP for the State of Tennessee's 2013 benefits program will be October 1 through November 1, 2012. Below you will find some helpful information to prepare you for another successful AETP.
Subject to eligibility, during this time you can:
- Change health options - switch between the Partnership and Standard PPOs, subject to eligibility*
- Change health insurance carriers - select either BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee or Cigna
- Enroll in health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents (a monthly late applicant fee will apply)
- Cancel health coverage
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options
- Apply for optional accidental death coverage
- Enroll in the new vision insurance plan
- Enroll in flex benefits
*Members enrolled in the Standard PPO may switch to the Partnership PPO for 2013. If you enrolled in the Partnership PPO for 2012 and you or your spouse did not meet the requirements of the Partnership Promise, you are not eligible to continue in this option during 2013. You will still have coverage; however, you will be automatically switched to the Standard PPO.
The options you choose during the enrollment period will take effect on January 1, 2013, and remain in effect through December 31, 2013, unless you lose eligibility or have a qualifying event or family status change during the year. If you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage, contact Human Resources.
If you DO NOT want to make changes and are happy with your current benefit selections, no action is required to remain enrolled in coverage. If you are currently enrolled and choose to stay in the Partnership PPO, you (and your covered spouse) are automatically agreeing to fulfill the 2013 Partnership Promise.
If you DO want to make changes to your coverage, you must do so online using employee self-service (ESS) in Edison, the state's business software. We will no longer accept paper forms for health or dental changes or to enroll in the new optional vision plan.
Using Edison ESS
- Video: Quick How To Guide
- Video: Log In and Password Reset
- View: PDF Instructions - Higher Education
2013 Decision Guides
Note: Some of the items shown below are Adobe PDF's and require Adobe Reader. Fillable PDF's forms can be completed online, printed, saved, and edited.
- Aflac Employee Interest Form (Filliable, Size: 136 KB)
- Fringe Benefits Management Company (FBMC), Flexible Spending Account Reference Guide (Size: 357 KB)
- Fringe Benefits Management Company (FBMC),
Flexible Benefits Plan 2013 Plan Year Enrollment Form (Filliable, Size: 158 KB)
- VSP Vision Cancellation Request Form (Filliable, Size: 71 KB)