Southwest Tennessee Community College's Annual Enrollment Transfer Period (AETP) occurs once per calendar year and is a time when employees have the option to enroll in benefits or make changes to their existing benefits. This year's AETP for the State of Tennessee's 2015 benefits program will be October 1 through November 1, 2014. Below you will find some helpful information to prepare you for another successful AETP.
Subject to eligibility, during this time you can:
- Change health options - switch between the Partnership and Standard PPOs, subject to eligibility*
- Change health insurance carriers - select either BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee or Cigna
- Enroll in health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
- Cancel health coverage
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options
- Apply for optional accidental death coverage
- Enroll in or change vision plans - EyeMed and/or Vision Service Plan (VSP)**
- Enroll in or renew flexible spending plans (Medical Reimbursement/Dependent Care)***
- Enroll in or increase critical illness insurance coverage by $5,000 for employee and spouse****
- Enroll in, increase or decrease level for Long Term Disability (LTD) *****
*Members enrolled in the Standard PPO may switch to the Partnership PPO for 2015. If you enrolled in the Partnership PPO for 2014 and you or your spouse did not meet the requirements of the Partnership Promise, you are not eligible to continue in this option during 2015. You will still have coverage; however, you will be automatically switched to the Standard PPO.
**To enroll in or cancel the EyeMed plan, you must do so online using Employee Self Service (ESS) in Edison.
***To enroll in or renew the Flexible Spending Accounts, you must enroll online at www.healthhub.com.
*****Enroll in, increase or decrease level for Long Term Disability (LTD), please complete an enrollment form (Exempt - Faculty/Professional and Non-Exempt - Clerical/Support). Click here for additional information for Exempt (Faculty/Professional) and click here for additional for Non-Exempt (Clerical/Support).
- If enrolling online, the user name for all eligible employees is their Social Security Number (SSN). The password will be the last four of the SSN and the first four letters of the last name. For example, if John Smith logs in with a SSN of 236-11-6080, his password would be 6080smit.
- All increases in existing coverage will need to be done with an Aflac Benefits Associate and cannot be done online.
The options you choose during the enrollment period will take effect on January 1, 2015, and remain in effect through December 31, 2015, unless you lose eligibility or have a qualifying event or family status change during the year. If you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage, contact Human Resources.
If you DO NOT want to make changes and are happy with your current benefit selections, no action is required to remain enrolled in coverage. If you are currently enrolled and choose to stay in the Partnership PPO, you (and your covered spouse) are automatically agreeing to fulfill the 2015 Partnership Promise.
If you DO want to make changes to your coverage, you must do so online using employee self-service (ESS) in Edison, the state's business software. We will no longer accept paper forms for health or dental changes or to enroll in the new optional vision plan.
Using Edison ESS
- Video: Quick How To Guide
- Video: Log In and Password Reset
- View: PDF Instructions - Higher Education
2015 Decision Guides
Note: Some of the items shown below are Adobe PDF's and require Adobe Reader. Fillable PDF's forms can be completed online, printed, saved, and edited.
- HealthHub, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Guide (Size: 1.4 MB)
- VSP Vision Cancellation Request Form (Fillable, Size: 64 KB)