Planning and Institutional Effectiveness
Union Avenue Campus
Parrish Building Room 241
|Dr. J. Nevin Robbins||901-333-5258|
Planning and institutional effectiveness provide administrative support and tools for guiding and improving college units, programs, and services.
Note: Some links require Adobe Reader.
Planning System for Proposing Department Plans and Budgets
Southwest operates an online database that enables all college departments to record Institutional Effectiveness activities as well as propose budgets each fiscal year. Through this system, every department can describe its improvement initiatives and its achievement of professional standards. Beginning in 2008-09, the system will expand to include Student Learning Outcomes for academic programs.
- Online Planning System
- Pilot Version of New Planning System (New Planning System for Student Learning Outcomes. Select AAS Degree Office Administration)
- Instructions for Editing Institutional Effectiveness (IE) Plan and Report for 2007-08 (Adobe PDF)
Annual Schedules & Cycles (Adobe PDF)
Example planning calendar that lists all major planning and assessment events
Departmental Responsibilities (Adobe PDF)
Design for a website that identifies key planning events for a selected department
- 2007 Strategic Planning Report and Updated Plan (Adobe PDF)
- 2008 Strategic Planning Report and Updated Plan (Adobe PDF)
- 2009 Strategic Planning Report and Updated Plan (Adobe PDF)
- 2010 Strategic Planning Report and Updated Plan (Adobe PDF)
- 2010-2015 Strategic Plan (Adobe PDF)