Computer Helpdesk Walk-Up Service
The walk-up service is in the pilot project stage and maintained by the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department. This service is available to students and employees with a valid Southwest identification (ID) card and provides web, e-mail and telephone support.
We are a "quick help" service, so while we are not able to fully instruct you on how to use your computer or software, we are happy to help resolve problems as they arise. Our goal as a team is to help you in every way possible to address computer related problems before they become an obstacle to learning or productivity.
- E-mail accounts
- Password resets
- Login problems
- Browser problems
- Internet access
- Support of Microsoft Application Suites
- Assistance with some admissions and registration difficulties
- Wireless network access
- Referrals to the appropriate areas for assistance
Services Not Available
- Laptop and desktop drop-off service
- Third party software
- Software installation
- Hardware repairs or removal including, but not limited to, RAM upgrade, hard drive installations, keyboard replacements, etc.
- Mobile phone e-mail configuration
Contacting the Helpdesk
- Help Line: 901-333-HELP (4357) available between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
- Online Form and After Hours: Submit a Student Technical Support Request.
- Walk-up: The walk-up service is located on the first floor of the Bert Bornblum Library next to the Reference desk. As you enter the main doors of the library, turn left at the end of the Circulation desk and look for room 113. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: The links shown below are Adobe PDF's and require Adobe Reader.