Become a D.R.E.A.M. Mentor
Peer coach responsibilities
- Provides information concerning campus resources, activities, and services.
- Provides encouragement for peers to stay in college and finish their program through out-of-classroom engagement with touchpoints.
- Guides and encourages mentees toward academic success.
- Models appropriate social behavior and skills.
- Responds to assigned duties in a punctual, informative, reliable and responsive manner.
- Interacts with peers in a considerate, courteous, friendly and cooperative manner.
- Maintains confidentiality with peer’s personal information, such as contact information.
- Maintains weekly communication with assigned peers with an openness to on-call support for 1-2 hours per week, and small group support during critical advising milestones.
- Complete 12 semester hours or more
- Maintain a 2.75 grade point average
- Work 15 hours per week with pay
- Attend peer coaching training sessions
In order to be considered for the position, the following items must be uploaded:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
Incomplete applications will not be screened.
Duration of Position
This is a year-long commitment. Peer mentors will be expected to work a schedule of approximately 12-15 hours per week. Some weeks may require more or fewer hours, depending on the time of year.
The office will be closed on the following dates each year:
- December 24-January 2
- November 25-29
- April 13-17
There are currently no openings. If you would like to be on a waiting list for a job, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.