- Any new full time student of an institution with more than 200 students must present proof of two doses of the Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, laboratory evidence of immunity, or a history of varicella disease from a health practitioner.
- Applies only to new, full time students. Currently enrolled students are exempt.
- Full time means 12 hours or more for undergraduate
- Students enrolled only in online courses are excluded
- Students born before January 1, 1980 are exempt
- Students graduating from a Tennessee high school between 1999 and May, 2016 can be presumed to have had one dose of Varicella vaccine. (Students graduating from a Tennessee high school after May, 2016 can be presumed to have had two doses.)