New Immunization Requirements Beginning Fall 2011
- Effective July 1, 2011, any new full time student of an institution with more than 200 students must present proof of two doses of the Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, laboratory evidence of immunity, or a history of varicella disease from a health practitioner.
- Applies only to new, full time students. Currently enrolled students are exempt.
- Full time means 12 hours or more for undergraduate
- Students enrolled only in online courses are excluded
- Students born before January 1, 1980 are exempt
- Students graduating from a Tennessee high school between 1999 and May, 2016 can be presumed to have had one dose of Varicella vaccine. (Students graduating from a Tennessee high school after May, 2016 can be presumed to have had two doses.)