Southwest Mentors Advancing Retention, Teamwork, and Success (SMARTS)
Macon Cove Campus
Whitehead Building, Room 43
Union Avenue Campus
B Building, Room 221A
The mission of SMARTS is to develop supportive relationships between faculty/staff and students to provide campus advocates, resource information, guidance, and problem solving methods in order to encourage students to advance toward completion of a certificate or degree and ultimately, enter a career of choice.
Partner with a Faculty/Staff Mentor to:
- Increase access to college-level education and academic program completion
- Increase student involvement with faculty, staff and peers
- Receive recognition at student award programs and other media events
- Students returning for two consecutive semesters
- Commitment to partner one semester with a faculty or staff mentor
- Commitment to attend SMARTS meetings and events
View the online article "Mentors and Mentees Pair-up for the Fall 2012 SMARTS Program" dated October 8, 2012.