The Saluqi Success Pathway (SSP) provides students a clear roadmap to success that contains tasks to complete each semester. The goal is to ensure you make the most of your time as a Tennessee Promise scholarship recipient at Southwest Tennessee Community College. Your Saluqi Success Coach will walk you through each semester, answer your questions, and advocate for you.
See our Saluqi Success Guide.
The Saluqi Success Pathway Team’s main goal is to make sure Southwest Tennessee Community College Students are successful in all of their endeavors here at the college. The team is composed of the Executive Director of Retention & Student Success, Program Specialists in Retention & Student Success, and Student Success Coaches. To ensure that each student is taken care of holistically, departments in Student Affairs and Academic Affairs also work in collaboration. If you need us for anything, please contact us.
What Do You Get?
- A Unique HUB/Lounge Space
- Your Own SSP Coach
- Your Own Peer Community
- An APP to keep you informed
- 2-way Texting with Your Coach and Professional Academic Advisor (PAA)
- Small-group Tutoring
- Success Workshops throughout the Year
- Community Service Opportunities
- Google Chromebook Checkout
- A Personalized Pathway to Your Saluqi Graduation Day
Keeping up with the Promise
In order for current Southwest TNPromise students to maintain their Promise scholarship, they must meet the following requirements and deadlines:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Complete and report eight (8) hours of community service by July 1 for Fall, by December 1 for Spring, and by April 1 for Summer
- Complete the FAFSA between October 1 and January 17 every year
- Continue to review and submit/complete financial aid requirements as requested in the My.Southwest student portal by selecting the student dashboard tab.
- Enroll in a minimum 12 or more credit hours each semester
- Do not drop below 12 credit hours without first consulting your advisor. Failure to maintain 12 credit hours will likely result in the loss of your Tennessee Promise scholarship.