Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
NAREB/Lewis Harris Memorial Scholarship
One scholarship is available for tuition ($400) plus textbook allowance ($100) for one semester.
- Full-time student
- High school graduate within past two years
- B average or above in high school is required
- Any degree program
- In-state resident or meet requirements to be classified as an in-state resident for fee-paying purposes
- Must not be the recipient of any other scholarship
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows field of applicants to four, whose applications are forwarded to NAREB for selection of recipient.