Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
P.E.O. Philanthropies Scholarship
Scholarship up to $3,000 are available to assist non-traditional students.
- Academic standing and financial need will be considered
- Available to any major
- Available to non-traditional students who spent at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student.
- Must be within 24 months of completing the academic goal.
- Must present an academic plan.
- Full-time or part-time student
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible
Submit application (opens new window) to Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee will review requests award. Recommendations will be forward to P.E.O. Philanthropies Scholarship Committee who will interview and select final candidates. Other documents will be required.