Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Southwest Tennessee Academic Service Scholarship
Scholarships for tuition and fees plus $200 for books are available for the academic year. Each scholarship may be renewed for the second academic year provided a semester 2.5 GPA and an overall 2.5 GPA are maintained and funding is available.
- Entering freshman or transfer student
- Full- or part-time student
- Student GPA: 2.7 entering freshman (or 19 ACT score) / 2.5 transfer
- Any degree program
- Must rank in upper 25 percent of graduating class
- Must work 75 hours per semester for the college if enrolled full-time. Service obligation will be prorated for part-time enrollment. Maximum award period is four semesters.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Renewable each semester provided the student maintains a 2.5 cumulative GPA with no semester GPA below 2.5, and fulfills the 75-hour work obligation for each semester.
A letter of recommendation from the principal or counselor of the high school from which applicant graduated verifying the student's GPA and class rank.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15th, 2018.
Send a letter to Shawn Boyd in the Office of Recruitment.