Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Dempsie B. Morrison Memorial Scholarship
One full-tuition scholarship is available for the academic year. This is a nonrenewable scholarship.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 12 hours at Southwest; six of these hours must be degree-level courses
- Enrolled in one of the following Associate of Applied Science degree programs: Business Studies, Information Technologies, or Engineering Technologies
- Must not be receiving any other scholarship
- Must be able to complete two full semesters as a full-time student at Southwest (full scholarship) and maintain a 3.0 cumulative average during the term of the scholarship.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Two letters of reference from faculty members, with at least one letter from faculty member in student's major.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows field of applicants to four candidates, whose applications are forwarded to the Faculty Senate Scholarship Committee for selection.