Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Darrell Kenneth Brown Memorial Book Scholarship
Two book scholarships are available to assist students during one academic semester.
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Full-time or part-time student
- Must be a Military Science Major
- Must be enrolled in college level courses
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee will review requests for book scholarship award. Recommendations will be forward to the Darrell Kenneth Brown Memorial Book Scholarship Committee.