Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Drs. Maxine and Vasco Smith Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Scholarship or Scholarships is/are available for full tuition/fees for the academic year. Students enrolled full or part-time are eligible to apply. Scholarship(s) is/are renewable for the second academic year, provided scholarship criteria are maintained.
- First generation students preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 for award and to maintain award in first academic year.
- Award may be renewed for a second academic year if recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA.
- Any degree program.
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Student may be a returning student or entering freshman.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee.