Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Five scholarships are available for full tuition and fees for the academic year. Scholarship is renewable for the second academic year, provided a 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Must be a Tennessee resident
- Entering freshman
- 3.25 GPA for seven semesters or ACT Composite of 23 or SAT of 1070
- Financial need (must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FASFA] application)
- Documented community service/leadership
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee will forward the names of the selected applicants to the Director of the scholarship program who will in turn forward the names to the EdScholar representatives.