Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Frances Cleo Long Scholarship
One scholarship is available for tuition/fees for one academic year.
- Must be accepted in the Dietetic Technician Program
- Classified as a sophomore for the upcoming academic year
- Based on financial need, exclusive of other financial aid and scholarships
- Will not be renewable
- Must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Must have a letter of reference from a college official
- Must have a personal letter of reference
- Must not have been on probation or academic suspension for at least two semesters
- Must be a Memphis or Shelby County resident
- Must submit with the scholarship application an essay outlining reasons for applying, career goals and why applicant wants to become Dietetic Technician
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows the field of applicants to five, whose names are forwarded to the Dietetic Technician Committee for selection.