Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Follett General Scholarship
Five full-tuition scholarships for the academic year are available. The scholarships may be renewed for a second academic year.
- Entering Freshmen or Returning Adult Students may apply
- May be enrolled full-time or part-time
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for award and to maintain award in first academic year
- Award may be renewed for a second academic year if recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA
- Any degree program
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Completed essay explaining why they should receive the scholarship
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee