Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Southwest Foundation Board Scholarship
One scholarship is available for in-state tuition/fees for the academic year (two semesters). The scholarship is renewable for one year, provided a 2.5 GPA is maintained and a minimum of 20 hours per week of employment is verified.
- Full-time or part-time student who is enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours
- 2.5 GPA
- Pursuing an associate degree
- 20 hours per week of verifiable employment
- Applied for and found to be ineligible to receive federal financial aid
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee