Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
International Students Scholarship
One or more scholarships that cover in-state tuition for the academic year at Macon Cove Campus.
- Full-time international or immigrant student who has completed at least one semester of full-time study at Southwest
- A copy of current transcript
- If eligible, applied for and found to be ineligible for federal financial aid/Pell Grant
- Returning student who has completed at least one semester of full-time study at Southwest's Macon Cove Campus
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 at Southwest
- Covers in-state tuition for one academic year
- Scholarship selection based on financial need, leadership and scholarship
- Must reapply yearly for this scholarship by established deadline
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Screening Committee narrows field to no more than five applicants; final selection made by the English as a Second Language Scholarship Committee.