Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Luis C. Prieto Jr., M.D. Endowed Memorial Scholarship
One full-time scholarship available for the academic year. This scholarship is awarded annually to student(s) who meet the following criteria:
- Students applying for the scholarship must have completed their first year of the nursing program
- Recipients must be enrolled on a full-time basis and have a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Financial need will not be considered as a criterion
- Student must be a Tennessee resident
- It is assumed that the student who receives the scholarship will graduate at the end of the second year of enrollment, thereby making the scholarship available to another student who is entering the second year
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee