Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Mildred Hunt Scholarship
Funds are available for books and supplies for a Southwest support staff employee.
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Full-time or part-time student
- Must be enrolled at Southwest Tennessee Community College
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows the field to three applicants, whose applications are forwarded to the Mildred Hunt Scholarship Committee.