Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
MidSouth Association of Contingency Planners (MSACP) Scholarship
Two $250 grants per academic semester for those in homeland security or emergency management. The scholarships may be renewed for a second semester.
- Entering Freshmen or Returning Adult Students may apply.
- May be enrolled full-time or part-time.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 for award and to maintain award in first academic semester.
- Award may be renewed for a second academic semester if recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA.
- Homeland security or emergency management.
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Completed essay explaining why they should receive the scholarship.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee.