Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Nathaniel Parker Jr. Memorial Scholarship
This Scholarship is available for in-state tuition/fees for the academic year. The scholarship is for one year in the amount of $250 per semester, fall and spring provided a 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Full-time or part-time student who is enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for award and to maintain award in first academic year.
- Pursuing any Associate Degree.
- Applied for and found to be ineligible to receive federal financial aid.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows field of applicants to three candidates, whose applications are forwarded to the Nathaniel Parker Jr. Memorial Scholarship Committee for selection of the recipient.