Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Naval Air Arm Memorial Scholarship
One book scholarship is available to assist one student during one academic semester.
- New or current enrolled student
- Minimum 2.5 GPA for recent high school graduate or 2.0 GPA for current student
- Any degree program
- Must not be the recipient of any other scholarship
- Applicants must be descendants of former Navy Contract Program employees. In the event no descendants of former NCP employees apply, the scholarship will be awarded to descendants of active duty or retired military personnel living in the Memphis area.
- No interruption in attendance
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee