Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Nursing Alumni Scholarship
Two scholarships are available for tuition and fees for degree-seeking students in the Department of Nursing for the academic year. Scholarship is available to one day program student and one evening program student.
- Declared major in Nursing
- Must have completed the second semester of nursing courses with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Proof of financial need and completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) application
- Must be active in community service or leadership activities
- Recipient will receive $500 for their third and fourth semester ($250 each semester) or $500 if they have only the fourth semester remaining to complete
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Two letters of reference are required, one from a Southwest faculty member and one from a community service or leadership sponsor.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows field of applicants to six, whose applications are forwarded to the Department of Nursing Scholarship Committee for final selection.