Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Russell W. Hughes Endowed Memorial Scholarship
One scholarship is available for the academic year. Scholarship is renewable for one year, provided a 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Entering freshman, current-year high school graduate
- Full-time student
- High school cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Any major-Southwest Macon Cove campus only
- Attained leadership positions in high school; i.e., officer in the student government association or in clubs or organizations; edited the yearbook, newspaper or other comparable publication
- Renewable after one year, provided the student attained leadership positions at Southwest as verified by the Dean of Student Activities
- Maintained a 2.5 GPA during the first year at Southwest
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
Submit application (opens new window) to Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows field of applicants to two, whose names are forwarded to the Hughes family for selection of the recipient.