Foundation Scholarship and Criteria
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
Student Government Association (SGA) Book Scholarship
This scholarship will award $100 to help cover the cost of books for a full time student (minimum of 12 hours, maximum of 18). This scholarship will be awarded to five (5) recipients per fall and spring semester.
- Must be a full-time concurrent returning Southwest student (minimum of 12 hours).
- Any Degree Program
- Returning Southwest student must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA
- Must have applied and found to be ineligible to receive no more than $500 of financial aid
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
- Student(s) must submit an essay explaining why they feel they should receive this scholarship.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
The recipient(s) of this scholarship will be selected based on the selected criteria above and the quality of the recipient(s) essay. It will also be based upon the financial need of the student. Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee narrows field of applicants to eight candidates, whose applications are forwarded to the SGA for final selection.