Southwest Tennessee Community College Student Book Scholarship
As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
This award is only applicable towards the cost of college for entering freshmen. The award is only applicable for a bookstore voucher redeemable at the Southwest Tennessee Community College Follett Bookstore for a student enrolled at Southwest.
- Funds can only be used for books and course supplies as stipulated in the course syllabus.
- Applicant must be an entering freshman and have a 2.5 GPA to qualify for the scholarship valued up to $500 per semester.
- Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation that speaks to the students current situation and need.
- Applicant must enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Applicant must explain financial circumstances and why assistance is needed for purchasing books.
- Applicant must provide a complete list and prices of books and supplies needed in order to be awarded.
- Applicant must show proof of entering Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or a GED to be eligible.
If selected for this scholarship would you be willing to volunteer or speak about your experiences at Southwest?
Complete the application form below no later than June 1, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and will automatically disqualify the applicant. Completing the application does not guarantee an award.
Send a letter to Shawn Boyd in the Office of Recruitment.