In honor of Women’s History Month: A salute to our ‘sheroes’
by L. A. Webb, Director of Police Services
March is Women’s History Month. The Police Services/Public Safety Department would like to honor the six law enforcement sheroes on our staff. These hardworking, dedicated women definitely have our back! They provide a variety of expertise with their years of service from military backgrounds and other police agencies:
- Patrolwoman Mary Pickens has a special eye with her vast experience in special traffic investigations and DUI.
- Patrolwoman Ursula Jones served as a police supervisor with many dedicated years of service with the Memphis Police Department. Her specialty is weapons and munitions.
- Patrolwoman Katrina Cobb specializes in background investigations and crisis intervention.
- Patrolwoman Cathy Smith believes in training and serves as a field training officer.
- Patrolwoman Sharon Banton is a community liaison who specializes in crisis intervention
As Police Services director and a proud retired Memphis Police Department watch commander who devoted more than 33 years serving and protecting the citizens of Memphis, I am truly privileged to serve with these stellar women and appreciate their steadfast service to our law enforcement community and Southwest Tennessee Community College.