The Office of Retention and Student Success is knowledgeable of a few scholarships that are available to students who are experiencing financial difficulty.
- Southwest Mentors Advancing Retention, Teamwork, and Success (SMARTS) - The SMARTS is a mentorship program that allows students to receive one on one advice regarding their journey at Southwest. In order to participate in the mentoring program, please contact Ronald Claxton at email@example.com to fill out a SMARTS application in the Academic Support Center. A stipend is provided for taking part in this mentorship program.
- Project M.O.S.T. (Men of Southwest Tennessee) - Project M.O.S.T. is a grant funded program geared toward African American males. Nationwide research shows that African American males typically perform lower academically than other genders or ethnicities. Project M.O.S.T. offers advising, learning support services, leadership training, stipends, and inclusive career, academic, and barrier support assessments. If you are interested in Project M.O.S.T. please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Other Scholarships associated with Southwest can be found in the Foundation Scholarship listing.
- Emerging Scholars - Finances low? The first to go to college in your family? Served in the military? If you fall into any one of these categories, you may qualify for the Emerging Scholars Scholarship.
- Career Certification Scholarship - Do you desire to earn a technical certificate or participate in a workforce development program to move up the career ladder? Apply for the Career Certification Scholarship today!
- Project Finish Line - Do you have more than 30 credit hours and less than $500 worth of debt? Apply for the Project Finish Line Scholarship to have your debt waived and complete your degree!
- Student Emergency Fund At Southwest Tennessee Community College - We know that emergencies happen to everyone. We do not believe that you should have to discontinue your education due to an emergency. If you are experiencing financial difficulty or just need to speak to someone regarding getting back into school, please stop by the Office of Retention and Student Success or apply for this scholarship through the Southwest Foundation.
- Complete College - Are you within 12 hours of completing a degree or technical program and you do not receive financial aid? If so, the Complete College Scholarship is the right scholarship for you!
- Book Scholarship - Do you have at least a 2.5 GPA, but need educational resources for class (textbooks, access codes, etc.)? Apply for the Foundation Book Scholarship today!